Let's Go to the Mall

I need to download and edit all of my Dubai pictures.  I also need to work on my college football spreadsheet and calculations because I've been woefully behind.  I just put in scores for week 1 today (did they just finish week 7?).  So until I get pictures to go along with my Dubai post(s), I thought I would share some life in Oman.

But first, enjoy this ear worm:


In the Middle East, we have found that they love their malls.  They are everywhere!  They are building more.  Below is a map of my local area.  There are approximately 15 malls labeled.  There are a few extra dots because sometimes a single store is also being shown in Google Maps.  Many of these malls are small.  Oasis Mall, for example, is closest to us, but it is very small.  We go to City Center Qurm frequently because it is close and has a Carrefour.  Then there is the Avenues, Muscat Grand Mall, and Panorama Mall that are all ridiculously close to each other.  Not shown?  The giant mall west of those 3 that is being built.
Muscat malls
In Dubai, we went to the Dubai Mall (one of the largest malls in the world) and Festival City (where Ikea is).  We did not go to Mall of the Emirates (where there is a ski slope).

In Muscat, we go to the mall nearly every weekend and possibly mid-week.  Why?  Because most likely I'll need to hit up Lulus or Carrefour for a larger grocery selection than I can find at my local Al Fair.  That's right, all the larger malls have a hypermarket in them for all your grocery/clothing/electronics shopping needs.

So when my kids say we go to the mall every weekend, you now know the truth.  We go to the mall to buy groceries.  Not quite what Robin Sparkles was singing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2020

July took a number of turns on us, some that we expected and some that we didn't. It started with flights home being cancelled.  This wa...