Hope is What We Crave

In the vein of songs that inspire me, I present "Hope is What We Crave" by for KING & COUNTRY.

The chorus of the song gets me:

Hope is what we crave
And that will never change
So I stand and wait
I need a drop of grace
To carry me today
A simple song to sing
It's written on my soul
Hope's what we crave


Hope.  When all things seem to be going wrong, you hope for better.  When life feels hard, you hope for easier days.  When the distance seems too much, I hope for nearness.  While my mom is sick, I hope for good news.  When I feel lonely, I hope for contact.
Photo cred: joypursued.com
John Piper wrote, "biblical hope is not just a desire for something good in the future, but rather, biblical hope is a confident expectation and desire for something good in the future."  Do you see the difference?  Not just hoping while almost expecting the worst (waiting for the other shoe to drop, if you will), but truly expecting better.  My faith in God allows me to trust in Him and expect better.

I know my mom will get better.  I pray for her daily.  I know hard days will come (to us all), but I also know that tomorrow can always be better.  I know that I can still contact family members and friends and connect even if it is different from before.  I know that I will be stronger in the end for all I'm going through now.  I know God will allow me to use my experiences to minister to someone else.  I know there is a story to tell about me, about God, about hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2020

July took a number of turns on us, some that we expected and some that we didn't. It started with flights home being cancelled.  This wa...