Nice Cars

One thing that surprised me about Oman is how many fancy cars I see on a regular basis.  Old Omani families have a lot of money, and some of them like to flaunt that money with cars.  You see similar cars in the UAE (Dubai).  Honestly, I'd be less worried about wrecking a nice car here than in Dubai.

This post will be mostly pictorial.  Funny or interesting notes about the cars will be listed on the picture captions.  Also, I have not sighted a Tesla yet.  Muscat's first electric charging station is only a few months old.
Jaguars are fairly common place here, to be honest.  This is a neighbor.
There is, in fact, a Ferrari under there.
I don't believe I had ever seen these utilitarian Mercedes-Benz SUVs in real life until Oman.  They are quite popular as off-roading is quite popular.
A Bentley sighting while riding in the car.  Don't worry, Stephen was driving.
A Rolls Royce with a similar caption to above.  Both of these pictures might have been captured in Dubai, but I've seen them in Muscat, too.
There are so many Maseratis!  This one parks outside down the road from us.  Always outside.
I've seen this McLaren at our local Starbucks a couple of times.  He must live or work in the area.
A Ferrari unwrapped.  Again, Stephen was driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2020

July took a number of turns on us, some that we expected and some that we didn't. It started with flights home being cancelled.  This wa...