Aint Trek Take 2

I wrote originally about the Aint Trek after exploring it with my hiking ladies.  I also wrote about it when our hiking ladies went back to do a beach clean up.  The post I failed to publish was the trip in between with my in-laws.  Spoiler alert:  we didn't make it up and down the mountain.
The boys in the first cave you come upon.
A different angle on the same cave, but where you can see both entrances.

When I took the family, I tried to get some more pictures of the route to help new people hoping to follow our trail.  I made sure I took a picture of the start of the trail and some pictures along the trail.  Of course, I also had fun taking pictures of my kids having fun hiking and checking out the caves.  My children have finally (hopefully) stopped complaining about hiking at the beginning.  They really do have a good time, but it seems like we have to remind them each time.  This time, they excitedly jumped in the car for the hike.  Hopefully it wasn't a fluke.
This is the beginning of the route.
Some of the "trail" so you can see that you follow the wadi (dry river bed).
Anyways, we started the hike, and explored until we reached the climb up the mountain.  This was the extent of the trek I figured my in-laws would want to experience, and I was right.  The hike was already harder thanks to recent rain and puddles.  So we retraced our steps out and walked down to the coast to walk along the rocks to the first beach.  Remember that this is not a sandy beach.  It is very rocky.  It is great for rock, shell, sea glass, and coral searching.
J showing off some sea glass he found. 
As you can see, it is a very rocky beach.
It's like a coral graveyard.
There is a wide wadi bed that stretches back from the first beach you come to when you follow the rocky coast line south from Aint.  I'd love to explore it farther some day just to see where it goes.  I only made it so far this trip before deciding that I shouldn't keep exploring without telling the family where I was going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2020

July took a number of turns on us, some that we expected and some that we didn't. It started with flights home being cancelled.  This wa...