Foodie Friday: Kung Fu

I am part of the Admin Leadership Team for Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) here in Oman.  One Sunday, our team met up at Kung Fu for a hot pot lunch.  Yum!
Our Admin Team at Kung Fu (missing Angela).
I had never been to Kung Fu before.  I hadn't even heard about it or hot pot, but I was excited to try.  It was good that I went with pros that knew what to order.  Kung Fu is located inside Fun Zone in Qurum.  It is a small location, and their Facebook page is obviously not very active.  


Anyways, we ordered tea and hot pot.  When you order hot pot, you order what you want to add to your hot pot broth.  It sort of reminded me of going to a Mongolian Grill where you choose your noodles, meats, veggies, and sauce then watch the guys cook them on the grill.  It also reminded me of a fondue restaurant, but you're making a soup rather than cooking individual bites.  We ordered one spicy broth and one not spicy (for me... I don't do spicy).  If I remember correctly, we ordered noodles, shrimp, beef, bok choy, tofu, mushrooms, and I'm sure other veggies, though I don't remember which ones.  Once our broth was hot, we added the ingredients and waited for them to cook.  We added the shrimp too early.  It was way overcooked.  
Our hot pot spread
Anyways, it was a lovely experience.  I'm hoping to take my family this summer sometime.  Maybe we will go early so the boys can do some ice skating or bowling at Fun Zone.  I've been saving up some indoor activity ideas.  It's already quite hot.

July 2020

July took a number of turns on us, some that we expected and some that we didn't. It started with flights home being cancelled.  This wa...