Millennium Resort in Mussanah

Over Easter Break, one of the places we visited was the Millennium Resort in Mussanah.  Mussanah, Oman is about 1.5 hours northwest of us along the coast.  We stayed there for 3 nights in lovely relaxation, food, and fun.

This resort was recommended to us by a man Stephen does work for at PDO.  Then a friend of mine was looking into staying there with her family over the Easter Break.  She found a great deal, so we decided that we had to check it out.  She utilized a resident deal and an Entertainer App discount.  I don't have the app as you have to pay for it, and I am incredibly cheap.  Plus, she called for deals, and calling is well outside of my comfort zone.  The deal we did use is found on their website.  It was an all-inclusive option that required us to stay for a minimum of 3 nights.


With the all-inclusive stay, we had breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided every day.  We most definitely over-indulged on food.  We also each had a ride on their zip-line and an hour at Aqua Fun which is an inflatable obstacle course on the water.  The all-inclusive also included unlimited drinks.  This we found to be particularly handy as it is hot here in Oman.  We could get waters, coffees (iced for me), or juices any time we wanted without paying per drink.  And at certain times during the day (noon-3 and 6-9pm), Stephen and I could get alcoholic drinks.  These drinks were limited to their offerings and house liquors.  Unfortunately, I'm not in a country where daiquiris and piƱa coladas and margaritas are common.  But vodka cranberries were available to us.  And unlike watered down all-inclusive drinks, these were strong!  I think that was because most people were not staying on an all-inclusive offer.

The food offered was really phenomenal.  Our meals were at their buffet restaurant, Mydan, with the exception of a lunch and dinner that we could enjoy at Azure, their sit down restaurant.  So breakfast every morning was at the buffet.  It varied a little bit daily, but they always had cereals, breads, coffee, juices, an assortment of hot dishes, and an omelet station.  The lunch buffet also varied slightly, but they generally had hot dishes, bread, salads, fruit, dessert, and juices.  The dinner buffet had a different theme each night.  We were there on an Indian night and a Mexican night.  Both were very good in their own way.  For example, the Indian night had a "pani puri chat" station.  I didn't know what it was (actually, I still don't), but it was this bite of food that was like a party in my mouth.  The Mexican night offered corn on the cob that was the best I've ever eaten.  That night also had chips and cheese sauce that was a big hit with my boys.
This is just part of the buffet spread.
The pani puri chat station.
I'm guessing this is a pani puri chat.  It was so good!  It's just one (rather large) bite.
The boys enjoying their desserts at the end of dinner.
I don't like the movie Nacho Libre, but if this was the corn he was eating, I totally understand his obsession.
Loved the mini churros they offered for dessert on Mexican night.
Our meals at Azure were just as delicious.  We sat inside where we could watch the chefs making our food.  It was a lot of fun to watch them tossing the pizza dough in the air (the chef only did this for the benefit of kids who were watching).  The pizza looked excellent as it was very cheesy.  We also tried a rib eye, a lamb shank, shrimp, a sandwich, and a couple of desserts.  The chocolate and peanut cake was really beautiful.
The apparently delicious chocolate peanut cake.  I didn't get to try it.
This sous chef was very kind and friendly.  I think he enjoyed showing off for the boys.
My lamb shank which made me realize I don't like lamb shank as much as I think I do.  It's just too much work, but it was good.
Stephen's prime rib.  That sauce was really good!
As for accommodations, we stayed in a one bedroom apartment.  The apartments are in a building farther away from the pool.  This didn't bother us as we're used to walking, but be aware if that would be a turn-off for you.  The apartment choice did allow us an ocean view room as opposed to a parking lot view.  While we didn't utilize it much, the balcony view was peaceful.  The apartment choice also gave us a separate room with a door that is key to our happiness when staying in hotels with our boys.  It allows us to be in one room watching TV while the boys are in another room going to sleep.
The bedroom of our apartment.
The master bathroom.  I was shocked that it had a bathtub since that's not very common here.
The living room looking toward the kitchen of our apartment.  The boys slept on the couch.
On to the fun activities... we did zip-lining, Aqua Fun, mini golf, and swimming.  The zip-lining is 2OR per person if it is not included in your stay.  I didn't tell E what was about to happen because I worried he would back out.  He enjoyed the ride, but not the stop.  He thought that was too abrupt.  Aqua Fun is their inflatable obstacle course on the water.  We were allowed one hour there, though you can pay for more or even pay to play if you're not staying at the resort.  After an hour, I was pretty exhausted.  It took a while to feel that I had my balance down.  My favorite part of the course is the giant hamster wheel.  There is also a mountain with slides and diving boards of sorts off it.  Hitting the ocean from a diving board was quite the sinus cleanser!  The mini golf was a highlight for E.  We played at least 3 games if not more.  The course isn't in the best condition, but it was still fun and free.
J and Stephen zip-lining.
E and me zip-lining.
Somehow, E had the unfortunate experience of his ball stopping at the top of the loop.  I even hit my ball around that loop on accident and missed hitting his ball down.
Just starting out onto Aqua Fun.
This is the hamster wheel.
The resort has 4 pools.  One is supposed to be adults only, though I know I saw children in it the first day.  It has an infinity edge and looks out at the ocean.  Another is right behind it.  Both of these are very long pools, which is perfect for busy times or swimming laps.  Our favorite pool was the covered pool.  It was usually less crowded.  It also had a hot tub next to it that wasn't kept overly warm.  In addition to these, the resort has a kiddie pool with nearby splash pad.  We did check out this one day just for splashing around.
Me reading while the boys played in the covered pool.
The boys by the uncovered pool.
A shot of the kiddie pool and the splash pad.
Other than these highlights, we spent a lot of our time resting and relaxing (see the picture of me reading by the pool above).  Millennium Resort offers child care and special activities, but these were all in French.  For instance, I watched a water aerobics class (I used to be an instructor) and a French name that tune type of game.  Watching trivia in another language is hilarious!  You have no idea what is going on, but suddenly everyone would be up doing very specific dances.

This was a fun 3 days, and I'm looking forward to going back to kick off our summer.

July 2020

July took a number of turns on us, some that we expected and some that we didn't. It started with flights home being cancelled.  This wa...