Zoodle Spaghetti

As I've mentioned before, I've gone low carb.  I'm not always great at following my own rules on that, but I'm always good when I cook dinner for my family.  It probably has something to do with the amount of time I can devote to planning.  Impulse is not my friend.

Today I will outline the stupid easy meal of zoodle "spaghetti".  Let's face it, spaghetti is an easy meal.  I'm not trying to complicate things here, so this is still easy.  Feel free to ignore my sauce "recipe" below and use your own.
Yum!  Zoodle "spaghetti" with a side of steamed broccoli

Ingredients

  • 1 medium zucchini per person
  • regular spaghetti noodles as needed for others, optional
  • 1 pound ground beef or meatballs, optional
  • 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce*
  • seasonings to taste

Instructions

  1. Spiralize your zucchini.  You can use the spiralizer of your choice, but I use this one.  Leave zoodles raw.
  2. If not everyone will want zoodles, now is the time to cook regular spaghetti noodles of your choosing.  I make regular noodles for the rest of the family, though I do give them a few zoodles each time.  It's all part of my slow conversion process.
  3. Cook ground beef or meatballs, if using.  Feel free to season the ground beef with your favorite Italian seasonings.
  4. To the ground beef or meatballs, add tomato sauce and more seasonings of your choosing.  I often use Italian seasoning or a combination of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.  Heat through.
  5. Plate noodles or zoodles first, then top with meat sauce mixture.  Add any sides and enjoy!
Plated zoodle "spaghetti" and steamed broccoli

Notes

*I cannot get tomato sauce over here, so I use a small can or package of tomato paste and 8 oz. of water.
**The above pictured steamed broccoli is steamed in a microwave for approximately 8 minutes.  I sprinkle with a generous dose of garlic salt, cook for 4 minutes, stir, then repeat all 3 steps.  This broccoli is a hit with both of my boys.

July 2020

July took a number of turns on us, some that we expected and some that we didn't. It started with flights home being cancelled.  This wa...