Seasonal Decorations: Halloween

It is hot.  It will remain hot.  I'm not complaining, I much prefer heat to cold.  But it certainly doesn't feel like fall as I've known fall.  But that doesn't mean that I can't decorate my house to feel like fall.

We didn't bring many decorations with us.  We weren't sure how much storage we would have here considering attics didn't seem like a thing and garages were also not a guarantee.  I'm glad we made that decision because we don't have an attic and our parking area is more a covered front entry to our house.  We have a single storage closet.  A single closet for luggage, cleaning equipment that doesn't fit under the kitchen sink, and decorations.  I have a small tree in there, 2 boxes of fall decorations, 1 box of Easter decorations, 1 box of spring and summer decorations, 4 boxes of Christmas decorations, and, um, too many boxes of crafts I would like to get to.
That purple pumpkin I made last year with my parents.  I didn't get to enjoy it too much because of when it was done cooling and then got to me, so of course I wasn't leaving it behind when we moved.
Hogwarts and Hogsmeade
My scarecrow that Stephen got for me on a whim in 2009.  I really do love it.
My fall quilt
Out of those 2 fall boxes, I have pulled out our Halloween decorations.  I have out my beloved scarecrow nutcracker, the 3 pumpkins I brought, and a Hogwarts and Hogsmeade display.  I also have some window clings scattered on the stairs and the downstairs bathroom mirror.  There is a fall quilt, 2 fall plates, and many fall and Halloween earrings.

Halloween isn't much of a holiday here.  You basically want to buy costumes somewhere else and bring them with you.  The Wave is the only place where trick-or-treating happens.  It gets busy, so we should arrive early.  But our American friends are filling us in on all the happenings, so it's easy to plan.  Looking forward to new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2020

July took a number of turns on us, some that we expected and some that we didn't. It started with flights home being cancelled.  This wa...