Date Night


We don’t have a babysitter yet here in Muscat because we haven’t really needed one.  And yet, Stephen and I go on dates once a week without the kids.  How?  We utilize Awana time.
At Manhattan Fish Market
My yummy seafood dinner.  It was so good!

There are no adult activities during the children’s Awana time, which I definitely found odd at first.  We drive out to drop off kids then need to pick them up an hour forty-five minutes later.  I thought it might be an odd block of time to fill. 
Coffee from Tim Horton's.  Stephen got something Canadian, and it looks like I got their version of a frappuccino.  I've since switched to much more reasonable iced lattes (no sugar or syrup, just stevia sweetened) as my coffee drink of choice.
My falafel wrap from Tim Horton's.  Not very Canadian, but still good.
Then we realized that we could use that time to go on (admittedly early) dinner dates.  So far, we’ve had “Canadian” food at Tim Horton’s, pizza (okay, that one we had to eat at home as we were waiting for the repairman), seafood at Manhattan Fish Market, philly cheese steaks at Charley’s, and random other food stops.  We plan on hitting up Mooyah, Five Guys, and our local Mexican restaurant, Pavo Real, sometime.  I just love this time with Stephen. 

And if dinner is quick, we are sometimes in a mall which means we can do a little shopping.  My favorite stop?  Daiso, the Japanese version of a Dollar Tree.  Guys, this place is crazy!

So no, we won’t be helping with Awana activities anytime soon.  I enjoy our “us” time too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2020

July took a number of turns on us, some that we expected and some that we didn't. It started with flights home being cancelled.  This wa...