Foodie Friday: Mooyah

I have a confession to make.  I have a slight obsession with Mooyah Burgers.  Luckily, my boys are equally obsessed.
Mooyah Oman
Mooyah is a burger and fries restaurant similar in style to Five Guys.  They specialize in fresh meat and fries.  They also offer shakes.  Mooyah was started in Texas (where I'm from though I've never been to one in Texas), and has spread to Canada and the Middle East.  There is a free trade agreement that makes it easier for US companies to set up here in Oman.  Great news for us US expats that miss certain foods from home!

On our first visit, we tried out the shakes.  Stephen and I loved the caramel, but the boys preferred the m&m option.  We were all a bit too full with the addition of milkshakes.
We first went to a Mooyah when there was one in Lawton, Oklahoma.  It has since closed leaving no Mooyahs in Oklahoma.  But when we went back then, our comment was, "this is better than Five Guys."  I still believe that it is.  I love it because they have more burger options.  They aren't just plain burgers that you pick toppings for from a list.  They have designed burgers such as the cluck & moo or the hamburdog.  They also have better french fries, and they offer sweet potato fries.  I'm a sucker for sweet potato fries.  I like how they do a lettuce wrap burger better, too.  I get an absolute ton of lettuce that feels more like a bun when held.
A cluck & moo iceburger and sweet potato fries is pretty much a dream meal for me.
Here in Oman, Mooyah is open in Panorama Mall with a second location opening soon in al Araimi Boulevard Mall.  The one in Panorama Mall has a children's seating area with short tables and a TV that plays Tom & Jerry cartoons.  I love this because it can feel a bit like a date night even with the boys with us because they go to their area and leave us alone (unless drink refills are needed).
The children's seating area
As I mentioned before, my boys love it, too.  In fact, we went recently on a Tuesday after Awanas.  The following Friday, I asked if the boys had suggestions for dinner.  Their response was that Five Guys or Mooyah sounded good.  E is frequently choosing one of those two restaurants for his one on one date night choices.  J admittedly likes Five Guys better because he likes the peanuts that he can snack on while waiting for his food.  I think Stephen may also prefer Five Guys, but then again, he's not ordering his burger lettuce wrapped or obsessed with sweet potato fries.  In fact, the guy doesn't even like sweet potatoes all that much.  Bless him, he does willingly eat them when I make them.  I love that guy so much!

Now to go ponder how soon is inappropriate to take my family back to Mooyah...

July 2020

July took a number of turns on us, some that we expected and some that we didn't. It started with flights home being cancelled.  This wa...