Dinner at Golden Tulip Seeb

Back on Mother's Day in the Middle East (March 21st this year), I won a Mother's Day dinner for my family at the Golden Tulip hotel in Seeb.  Unfortunately, Stephen was out of town, J was battling lots of allergy problems, and the boys and I were just generally done by the end of the week.  It also took a little while to get the details on the dinner.  When I finally did, I was offered that I could come to the Golden Tulip for their special Mother's Day buffet or I could come any time before the end of April.  Hallelujah!

We ended up going over our Easter Break.  When I reached out to make the reservation, I was told that the day we chose wasn't the best because they were just offering a "light buffet" that night.  Tuesday night would be good for their seafood buffet.  Or Sunday night would be a special Easter buffet.  However, our schedule just didn't allow for Sunday or Tuesday mostly because Stephen was taking an Arabic class at the time.  So I had to insist on the Friday night that we had available as lovely as the other options sounded.  The man I was talking with (maybe the manager?) offered the buffet with maybe a dish or two extra.  I told him that the buffet was really fine with us.  So I made the reservation, and we headed out later that night.


The Golden Tulip went above and beyond!  They decided that we should get a special meal no buffet needed (except for the salad).  We were served an appetizer of caviar on eggs and sushi as well as coconut shrimp (not pictured).  My boys were so good to at least try the caviar, though they didn't like it.  I had never tried it, but I did find that I enjoyed it for what it was.  But kind of like sushi for me, I'm not going to go search it out or order it if I have other options.  The boys were offered some fresh juice of which E chose apple and J chose a lemon mint.  For the main course, the boys were served chicken nuggets and fries.  They also brought deliciously cooked steak in a mushroom gravy and steamed vegetables for the table.  Stephen and I may have eaten way too much steak that night.  It was sooooooo good!  For dessert, they brought a selection of little cakes.  I was good and didn't eat any, but I was told that they were delicious.  Instead of dessert, I opted for a latte. The coffee machine gave them problems, but once it came out, it was delicious.  And our waiter apologized profusely for how long it took to bring the coffee.  There really was no problem as we were just enjoying the night while the boys ate dessert.
Appetizer of caviar
Boys' dinner of chicken nuggets and fries 
So much delicious food!
Fresh squeezed juices of apple and lemon mint
Dessert of assorted cakes
Yummy latte
Stephen also got a coffee
Everything was very lovely and delicious.  Their staff was very accommodating and gracious.  And I don't know if this is always present, but at least for the spring they had a little petting zoo in the lobby of the hotel with rabbits and baby chicks.
The boys petting and feeding the rabbits

July 2020

July took a number of turns on us, some that we expected and some that we didn't. It started with flights home being cancelled.  This wa...