Running in Pants

Out of respect for Middle Eastern culture, I have ceased running outside in my shorts.  That means that even when it is 99 yet feels like 106 during an evening run, I'm still running in my pants.  I'm very thankful that a few years ago I started accumulating a bunch of thin, fun workout pants.

It all started when I couldn't bear the thought of putting on shorts in the winter even though I knew my workout would be in a gym.  I just didn't want to get that cold rush ever when taking off my outer layer.  So I took my winnings from playing DietBets and bought some pants on eBay.  I bought from eBay because all my winnings were deposited into a PayPal account.  Amazon doesn't take PayPal, so eBay was the next best option.  I could also find similar options at similar prices with free or nearly free shipping.



I have been asked so many times where I get my pants.  As I list and display them below, I will attempt to remember where each one came from and add a link if possible.  But the important key for finding your own pants to suit your style is to know that it is a game of searching.  On either eBay or Amazon, you will be selecting pants and scrolling through all the design options.  If you don't like those designs, you go to the next choice.  I also varied what terms I would search.  I usually use the term "leggings", though I also use "pants" and add "yoga" sometimes.  If I'm looking for something specific that I've seen, say my Harry Potter Daily Prophet pants, I might search "Harry Potter" or "Daily Prophet" or even "Newspaper" along with "leggings", etc.  When looking at the different design options, if they have unique names for the design (meaning not "a1", "a2", etc.), then those unique names can help to search out the style you want.  That was how I started using the search term "Newspaper" to find my Daily Prophet pants.
My Star Wars pants from eBay.  This link is similar to what I would search through to find pants.   This particular seller has my Aladdin pants and Lord of the Rings pants.
Monsters University pants from eBay.
Texas Rangers pants from TJ Maxx.
Iron Man, Aladdin, and Harry Potter pants from eBay.  The Harry Potter pants were not as pictured on eBay since the words printed don't make sense.  I complained and received a full refund.
Beauty and the Beast and Dallas Cowboys pants from Amazon.  They don't sell these exact Cowboys pants any more.  I loved these because they featured #82 for Jason Witten.
Mickey Mouse and Lord of the Rings pants from eBay.
Probably my most expensive pair of pants, but they were a reward for myself.  I originally saw them in an ad on FB, but I didn't buy them.  After a thorough Google search, I sourced them from a company in Florida that I purchased through Amazon.  I cannot find them now.
I rotate through my pants because they are almost all my favorites.  I think I have some I like better than others, then I uncover the next pair and remember how much I love those.  Of all my pants that I use for running, 2 were actually designed to be athletic pants and are of thicker material.  Most are admittedly thin, but that works out perfectly in the heat of Oman.  I did have one mishap while hiking where I slipped, sat down, and easily ripped holes in the rear of my Halloween pants.  There's no repairing these thin pants.  And because the pants come in "one size fits most" sizes, they vary in how well they stay up while running.  So I have found that I like how some fit better than others.  For example, my Beauty and the Beast pants are better for hiking than running because they aren't as tight, so they slip down more while running.  And my Iron Man pants don't have an elastic band, so they're not great for running, either.

In all honesty, I do miss my shorts; but I also want more leggings.  I'd love to find some to represent some of my favorite TV shows, locations, or games.  Actually, I hope to find time to design some running pants of my own some day.

July 2020

July took a number of turns on us, some that we expected and some that we didn't. It started with flights home being cancelled.  This wa...