Thanksgiving in Oman

Fun happenstance:  we were granted November 20-22 off for Oman National day and the Prophet's birthday.  Go figure since National Day is November 18 and the Prophet's birthday is, well, it changes.  The school was estimating something like November 28-29.  A good week off!
My few fall decorations that I brought to Oman.
There are some fun, serendipitous things about the days we get off.  For one, we get actual Thanksgiving Day off.  I really didn't expect that!  For another, the boys get 3 days off of school.  That is how much time I'd expect them to get off of school at home.  A fun bonus is that Stephen also gets 3 days off of work (no vacation required).


We won't be going on a grand adventure because we already have not 1 but 2 thanksgiving meals planned.  I do hope to go on some local adventures.  There are numerous wadis and beaches within 1.5 hours of Muscat that I'd love to check out.  Maybe we'll even head up to the zoo in the UAE.  Who knows?

I can tell you this:  I'm thankful for time with my family.  I'm thankful for days off from our crazy schedules.  I'm thankful for the American thanksgiving food I'm going to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2020

July took a number of turns on us, some that we expected and some that we didn't. It started with flights home being cancelled.  This wa...